Exciting job opportunities are a click away! Please explore our new “Positions” option to review all current opportunities
JOB DESCRIPTION: ASSISTANT MANAGER MANGWANANI BOUTIQUE SPA
The Spa Assistant Manager will be appointed to ensure the effective operation of the Mangwanani Day Spa administration. They will be responsible for ensuring that reservations are taken, managed and recorded on the Lotus Notes Database, linen is available and clean, food and beverage services are provided and required stock levels are maintained.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
– Managing the Reception and taking reservations / recording reservations on the Lotus Notes system.
– Managing the payment transactions and receipt books
– Managing the Petty Cash
– Responsible issuing and control for products and equipment and supplies for the spa daily operation.
– Flexible work schedule which may include evenings, weekends and holidays.
– Maintain cooperation and teamwork in the spa, placing a high emphasis on customer service and satisfaction.
– Co-ordinate the relationship with Food supplier and approve invoicing of such.
– Co-ordinate the relationship with the Laundry supplier and ensure adequate stock levels.
– Check the client gift packs, flower orders, special transport collections etc
– Perform other related duties as assigned by management
– Marketing of the Spa offerings
– 1 year experience in assisting in managing a spa environment
– 2 years’ experience in customer service environment
– Extremely detail-oriented and accurate while handling high volume at a fast-pace
– Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
– Works well within a team and always goes ‘above and beyond’
– Ability to remain calm in stressful situations
– Handles situations in the best interest of both client and company
– Proficient using the internet, Lotus Notes Reservations Database, Stock Database and Microsoft Word and Excel
The Administrator will operate within the following hours (45 Hours per week):
Shift dependent on Branch requirement
Public holiday and weekend work when required
JOB DESCRIPTION: IT TECHNICIAN
We are looking for an IT Technician to be responsible and accountable for the smooth running of our computer systems within the limits of requirements, specifications, costs and timelines. You will supervise the implementation and maintenance of our company’s computing needs.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Responsible for information technology and computer systems;
• Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the operations of information systems and electronic data processing (EDP);
• Develop and implement policies and procedures for electronic data processing and computer;
• systems operations and development;
• Meet with managers to discuss system requirements, specifications, costs and timelines;
• Troubleshoot hardware, software and network operating system;
• Be familiar with all hardware and software;
• Be familiar with network operating system;
• Provide orientation to new users of existing technology;
• Train staff about potential uses of existing technology;
• Provide individual training and support on request;
• Provide recommendations about accessing information and support;
• Maintain current and accurate inventory of technology hardware, software and resources;
• Connect and set up hardware;
• Load all required software;
• Provide network accounts and passwords as required;
• Monitor security of all technology;
• Ensures maximum issue resolutions in minimum time;
• Evaluates new information systems products or services and suggests changes to existing products or services to better aide the end user;
• Ensures proper functioning of company’s information processing system and makes upgrades as necessary;
• Helps business operations utilize information systems to improve efficiency;
• Keeps computer equipment, hardware, and software updated to meet organizational needs;
• Maintains working relationships with vendors and third party providers, ensuring contracts and SLAs are kept up to date and cost maintenance strategies are assessed and analyzed on a periodic basis;
• Recommends appropriate maintenance strategies to ensure uninterrupted systems usage, minimum downtime and proper backup and recovery procedures are adhered to
• Recommends adjustments to systems and/or equipment to ensure cost efficient and effective systems/equipment infrastructure
• Performs other related duties as assigned or requested
• Keeps current with technology updates to ensure technology opportunities are taken advantage of, whether the opportunities relate to speed, improved processing, cost efficiencies, etc;
• Ensure all software is registered and legal;
• Supervise the update and maintenance of the website.
• Administers the IT asset register including laptops, computers, cellphones , 3G’s etc
• Ensure backups of systems are performed regularly
Advantageous Industry Experience or Tertiary Education
• Degree / Diploma specializing in Information Technology;
• At least 5 years related experience in the field of Information Technology and Project management, however experience in software development environment and use of current technologies, is preferable.
• Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office systems
• A knowledge of Lotus Notes would be advantageous
The incumbent must have proficient knowledge in the following areas:
• Computer hardware and software systems and programs;
• Computer networks, network administration and network installation;
• Computer troubleshooting;
• Computer viruses and security;
• E-mail and internet programs;
• Server installation, maintenance and backups.
The incumbent must demonstrate the following skills:
• management and supervisory skills;
• ability to install and administer computer hardware, software and networks;
• analytical and problem solving skills;
• decision making skills;
• effective verbal, presentation and listening communications skills;
• effective written communications skills;
• computer skills including the ability to operate computerized accounting, spreadsheet, word-processing, graphics and website development programs at a highly proficient level;
• stress management skills;
• time management skills;
The incumbent must demonstrate the following personal attributes:
• be honest and trustworthy;
• be respectful;
• possess cultural awareness and sensitivity;
• be flexible;
• Must be able to work a very flexible shift including weekends, nights and holidays when necessary;
• a self starter.
For more information and to apply email: email@example.com