Accountant / Bookkeep / Supervisor
|Job Title: HR and Payroll Administrator||Department: Finance|
|Reports To: COO||Location: Ballito|
The HR and Payroll Administrator will be required to manage the end to end payroll and payroll related accounting function for all employees on VIP payroll system. This includes permanent and temporary employees for all entities. Ensuring that all payroll payments and approvals are made in line with the Company policies, processes and procedures.
In addition, the incumbent will be responsible for the management of employee HR records including leave management.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Fully functional in Payroll using VIP Payroll system.
- Submission of UIF Declarations.
- Submission of IRP5’s at Tax year end and bi annual tax submission to SARS.
- Reports for payment SARS and other third party payments.
- Ensuring timeous and accurate reports for payments of Garnishees and Pension Fund,
- Prepare EFT files for salaries and other adhoc payments.
- Implement Earnings, Deductions, Company Contributions, Annual Bonuses, Commissions,
- Annual Increases
- Importing batches from Excel into VIP.
- Salary checklists and variance reports that enlist all new additions, terminations, maternity etc for approval by relevant managers.
- VIP Recons before closing off the payroll.
- Filing of all payroll documentation.
- Checking and obtaining approval for all claims, Overtime and leave applications in line with the policy and escalating any exceptions to the HR Manager.
- Creating and maintaining employee files and ensuring that all required documentation is received and filed.
- Ensuring that Momentum fund withdrawal forms for terminated employees are completed and submitted to the fund administrator.
- Issuing certificate of service to all terminated employees.
- Liaise with and assist the auditors for payroll-related queries.
- Resolve employee queries.
- All ad hoc administration functions.
- Managing all HR Employee information on the HR System
- Controlling of Leave records and balances
- Ensuring Employee files are maintained and up to date
- Appointment letters
- Increase letters
- Processing UIF Forms for Terminations and Maternity Leave
- Providing accurate data for input to EE Reporting
- Maintain the personal records of employees on matters such as disciplinaries and training, and prepare associated management reports
- Prepare the annual Employment Equity report and Skills Development Report
- Distribute payslips to employees
- Prepare and submit monthly Worker’s Comp report
- Porcess posting of payroll results for finance
- Supporting regional HR / Payroll staff
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
- Excellent leadership skills
- A very strong and mature personality
- Good communication skills, especially good use of the English language
- Very professional attitude towards the staff
- Must be passionate, have excellent organization skills.
- Must be reliable, self-motivating, and commercially aware.
- Must have proven and relevant payroll experience as well as excellent computer skills and the ability to multitask.
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years of payroll processing experience for an employer with multiple locations.
- Proven customer service skills while maintaining a confidential work environment
- Proficient in Excel,Word and VIP Payroll
- A committed team player, detail oriented and an effective communicator
- Human Resources / Payroll Diploma or similar
- Report writing using VIP payroll is essential
- Must have three or more years of HR and payroll experience.
- Minimum qualification of Diploma / Degree
- Excellent communication skills, Time management skills – able to plan, prioritize and organize. Strong problem-solving abilities, accurate with attention to detail, able to work under pressure,
Accurate recording of employee
HR Master data Daily
Accurate payroll monthly
Support for HR / Payroll in all branches Daily
Processing Momentum withdrawals, UIF Forms Weekly